SAKARYA UNIVERSTY: SPEED GENDER EQUALIZATION

SAKARYA UNIVERSTY: SPEED GENDER EQUALIZATION

SAKARYA UNIVERSTY: SPEED GENDER EQUALIZATION
SAKARYA UNIVERSTY: SPEED GENDER EQUALIZATION admin
This content 247 times read.

The "Erasmus +" project, which was adopted in cooperation with the Universities of Sakarya University and the European Union countries (Spain, Italy, UK and Portugal), with the aim of improving women's accessibility to the management boards of sports organizations, has begun. Dr. Sakarya University. Gonca Güngör Göksu will investigate gender equality in the institutional governance of sports organizations as part of a project financed by researchers from four EU countries and the European Commission Erasmus + sports projects. The project will increase the participation of all sports federations within the scope of priority Erasmus + sport activities and women in the boards of all sports associations. The results of the project are expected to contribute to gender equality in decision making at sporting organizations and to identify possible measures.

It will last three years The project titled "Corporate Governance in Sport Organizations: A Gendered Approach (GESPORT)" kicked off on 1 January and the first project meeting was held in Teruel, Spain, from 15 to 19 January. year project will be finalized in December 2020. The researchers will examine the women's board representation within the project and will present recommendations for strengthening their professional progress in the decision-making phase of women's sport organizations.

The rate of women in management is very low Dr. Bud Güngör Goksu, the following in a press conference held on the project, said: "sports organization in Turkey are divided into three main groups among its members. The first one is T.C. Ministry of Youth and Sports. When the situation of female managers within the Ministry is analyzed, unfortunately there is no female manager within the scope of senior management. The second major sports organization and Olympic Committee of Turkey. There are a total of 19 board members under the committee. However, only five of the members are women. Finally, 59 sports federations in Turkey is available and only female chairman of Turkey Sailing Federation. When a general assessment made, the proportion of female managers in the organization of board sports in Turkey is 5 percent. The remaining 95 percent is made up of male board members. Compared partner countries involved in the project, I think the worst case is Turkey. I am hopeful that this project will contribute positively in this sense, and as a result of the project we will see it together. "

 

The project consists of five phases The project will initially develop an overview of women's representation in national sport steering committees through a data base and questionnaire from each partner country. In the second stage, interviews will analyze the experiences of women board members who have encountered a glass ceiling in their professional life or have interesting and satisfying stories in the sports field. In addition, a logo competition will be held under the project. Students of fine arts faculties from five partner countries will be able to participate in this competition. However, as part of the project, the summer school in Teruel will be organized. At the end of the project, an international conference on sports and women will take place.

Source Link: http://haber.sakarya.edu.tr/sporda-cinsiyet-esitligi-arastirilacak-h77036.html

 

YOUR INTEREST X
North Korea flouts UN sanctions earning millions, say experts
North Korea flouts UN sanctions earning millions, say experts
Italian man arrested after African migrants injured in drive-by shootings
Italian man arrested after African migrants injured in drive-by shootings